Friday 6 July 2012

24 years old

I write this post in accordance to my 24th year of being on this planet.

24 Years old. Seriously whenever I think to myself and say that I'm now 24, it is seemingly unbelievable. 1988 - 2012. Oh man. That is very long. I praise the Creator for giving me a long age to learn about myself and about thé reality of this world.

These 3 years living in Germany, really changed me. Last time, my opinion did not change a single thing in this world. Now my opinion is the leading factor that governs how the world works around me. Last time, it was like when I talked, nobody listened. Now, whatever you say, people actually listen eventhough they pretend not to. And I am very thankful for this.

But for every blessing, there is a price to pay. Now, my opinions counts too much that I really have to be careful what comes out from my mouth. All my words are being judged because I am no longer a teenager or a child. Thank the Almighty, I am able to make the correct decisions in my life that put me in a respectable position. The sacrifice I made so far i.e leaving the comforts of my home in Malaysia, becoming a travelling student in a cuntry whose culture is far different from ours, having to change the language of thought: from English to German.

My decisions took 15 years of my age. But with this sacrifice, i got freedom. But freedom comes with a price which is that one has to endure painfully and carry all the risks alone.

Ya Allah. 24 years old. 2 years away from my family. And entering 3 years. How I miss seeing my younger sister grow up. Being the hottest, smartest and the most popular girl in school.

I don't want to change to a boring adult. But the fact is that, the wheels of destiny are forcing me to change. Deep in my heart, the child within me is very much alive. But I have to kill it, so as it could fit me being a ''Prüfstandingenieur''. Being proffesional is number one prority.

As what my dad used to tell me: Be tough, don't be stepped on, always protect yourself
As what my mum used to tell me: Be humble, always be patient, Allah will always reward your deeds.

Happy Birthday Farid Hadri. 07.07.1988.

No comments:

Post a Comment