Tuesday 16 March 2010

Industrial lingua joke

2nd day in class, i ended up laughing for half an hour because of Maschine Elemente.

The group was learning about nuts and bolts in relavance with the DIN EN, and ISO norm.

Before I continue, allow me to do a quick language conversion:

MUTTER: in English, it means nuts which is the hexagonal socket at the end of a threaded bolt. Another meaning of MUTTER is also mother aka mummy..

I was at that time tired because of brain overload. Then, my energetic side came out when I heard this from the proffesor:

 

‘’Alle Muttern in der deutchen Industrie sind genormt’’

(All Mothers in the german industry are defined in the Industry norm)

When the prof said that, I still could contain my laughter. I finally lost it when he said:

‘’ Wir müssen uns fragen ob wir die richtige Mutter ausgewählt hat. Haben Sie die richtige Mutter? ‘’

(We must ask ourselves if we have chosen the correct mother. Do you all have the correct mother?)

 

But actually, the word Mutter which the prof meant was actually the nut of a bolt.

Funny :P

No comments:

Post a Comment